The purpose of this net is to provide training and practice in emergency communications that could apply in an actual emergency and to test the capabilities of the Lubbock County ARES group. This net provides operators the opportunity to hone their voice procedure, test equipment, and become more familiar with radio propagation.
All licensed amateur radio operators interested in emergency communications, are invited and encouraged to participate. Your help in maintaining this net is greatly appreciated.
This net makes use of the NetLogger logging program to transmit check-in information to other users of NetLogger. Net participants that are monitoring the net with NetLogger receive updated information every 20 seconds, detailed check-in logs, and an AIM chat window. NetLogger can be downloaded at the link below.
How to Get Involved in ARES
The Lubbock County ARES Group meets on the 3rd Thursday of every month at the Noble Stidham Memorial Clubhouse, 1108 98th Street. Meetings start at 7:00pm and everyone is welcome to attend. If you would like to join ARES click the tab below and register on the ARES Connect website.
- The K7RA Solar Update
- 8-Meter Experimental Station on the Air from the US
- MARS HF Net Participants Aid in Response to Fatal Maritime Disaster
- Amateur Radio Activities to be a Part of Missouri’s State Bicentennial Celebration
- FCC to Re-Establish Technological Advisory Council, Solicits Membership Nominations
- Stations to Celebrate Fourth Anniversary of FT8